Participatory workshops in 3D Printing?
The Tinkerklass programs are based on our experimental participatory learning project curricula. Program lengths and outcomes are tailored to specific groups.
We offer two main streams of workshops in continual professional development and youth programmes.
Three Farm provides an experimental learning environment where individuals and companies alike can explore new parameters of co-creating and future practice models for sustainable industry development. Workshops aim to engage you in:
- Sustainable technology
- Tactile play
- Design thinking
Workshops are an introduction on how 3D printing can have a positive effect on environmental sustainability and creative problem solving.
Our youth programs provide students with opportunities to gain core Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) skills through design thinking, computational design and constructive learning. We engage students with tools such as:
- Computer Aided Design (CAD):
- 3D Scanning
- Makerbot Rep 2X - the 3D printer
- Use of repurposed materials
Typical Workshop Structure:
- Introduction to history and definition of additive manufacturing (e.g. 3D printing)
- Discuss current and future practices
- Discuss ethical considerations
- Step-by-step guide to 3D file design
- Makerbot Extrusion demonstration
- Assembly of group-designed object
Continuing Professional Development
3D printing is changing the way we consume, do business and share ideas. CPD workshops will vary depending on the group knowledge base and needs, and may be negotiated during prior consultation. Previous workshops have focused on:
- Who are the game changers? - Industry leaders
- Defining new areas of industry
- Highlight how to drive sustainability and innovation
- Business opportunites
With a push towards localising manufacturing and collaborative consumption, participants will learn about how to be a maker and how to use tools that re-direct manufacturing to local industry.
For a course outline on our workshops and any requests to industry or project specific programs please CONTACT US.